Sunday, October 2, 2011

Fans

        In the whole mix & craziness of writing music, playing music,
recording and releasing albums, traveling & touring, it is often forgotten why we do it.
Well, I digress, as a musician and artist, we do it because we love it. We in the Disparrows can truly claim that show or no show, band or no band, each of us would sit home and play music. I know a lot of musicians with this same attitude, I am proud to know these guys (and girls) - people that do it for the love of art and sound. I was once told that I have a disease called Rock n' Roll because hell or high-water I always would play my guitar at least once a day - I'd walk by pick it up, play for a bit, then move on or sit and play for hours while others watched TV.

Enough rambling! So - you wonder - what was my point?
(and I often wonder this myself, as done my band). My point was that the fans are the reason we do what we do.
Without fans, there are no shows, there are no tours, there are no album sales, and all we are is a bunch of guys playing music in our studio.

     The Disparrows, all though in the bigger picture, a small, new band with great aspirations (which we will achieve) has been blessed with some great fans. I see bands take fans for granted all the time. Bands forget without the fans they are home playing for themself. Without the fans they are nothing as a band. Without the fans telling a friend, playing a song for a buddy, making your music their sex music, or party song, or driving music, we are nothing as a commercial product.

That being said, with all the support we have received, the comments, posting our links and videos and photos on other sites and blogs and helping us share our music with the world, Thank you.
We cannot get where we want to go with out our fans and friends, and some very dedicated ones at that!

One day when we are out on the road, all of you that are here now, you will be remembered,
and, to the best of our ability, thanked in whatever way we can!

So thank you, and please keep posting our links and photos and songs and videos wherever you can.
Keep sharing our music with everyone you can. And we will keep pouring our heart and soul into creating great music.
We currently have a second album in pre-production with a lot of great new ideas coming from Mike, Grant, Dirrty & myself.

We are very excited to get this music out and make audio love to all of you (in the platonic sense)!

Stephen
the Disparrows - Stephen Tecci & Daniel Weber

Stephen Tecci, the Disparrows

No comments:

Post a Comment